Criteria for Eligibility of Scheme
Generally, the following criteria apply:
- Over the age of 18.
- Positive RG decision or Positive CG decision.
- Must be actively working towards a plan to move on from hosts (We are unable to host people indefinitely until they receive an asylum decision as our placements are temporary and interim). If an application to asylum accommodation is the next step, this application must be submitted before the guest can move in with hosts.
- Have ongoing professional support in place.
- We are able to accommodate people with no recourse to public funds.
- We welcome people regardless of their race, colour, gender, gender expression, age, ethnic origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation and of all faiths and none.
- We are unable to accommodate any person with a current substance misuse issue or current risk of suicide.
- Possessing a criminal record does not in itself bar someone from accessing our service. However, it is vital that referrers share any information they may hold relating to involvement with the police or criminal activity in order for us to make an informed decision, and to then discuss this with potential hosts.
- We are unable to accept self referrals.
- We are not able to host people who could otherwise access Asylum Support accommodation and expect this accommodation to be accepted if offered to our guests whilst they are being hosted.